Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A Higher Perspective

It's amazing how different the world seems when you're wearing high heels. I can't quite put my finger on it but it seems like they change everything - from the way I carry myself to the way people treat me. I walk out of the house ready to take on the world, feeling confident and more astute to other's reactions to my presence. When walking into work I feel like I'm taken more seriously. When in a store or coffee shop, I'm given quicker and more friendly service. I am consistently baffled at how much a pair of shoes can change the game. But whose perspective is really changed? Is it mine or everyone else's? I don't know if I'll ever be sure but I love how exhiliarting it is to add a little height to your day. It makes me wonder why I don't wear them everyday. I guess if I were consistently four inches higher I would appreciate the perspective a little less. For now, I'll keep me ego in check and my feet in less distress by bringing them out only when I need to up the ante.

No comments: