Monday, September 1, 2008

Theatre Week

I didn't really plan it this way but last week evolved into National Theatre Week for me. I bought tickets to one event months ago. Two friends were in shows this last weekend. It didn't dawn on me that it would be the same weekend until the Monday before. And as an employee of an Arts Center, you don't turn down comps to a show when they're offered. I consider such perks a poor compromise between the salary I deserve and the one I actually make.

Wednesday - A Chorus Line - Orange County Performing Arts Center

It made me miss performing so much that I'm actually considering auditioning for a play after Christmas. I hope they have a silent role for me. :)

Friday - Picasso at the Lapin Agile - Maverick Theatre

It's hard to go wrong with Steve Martin. It was hilarious!! My friend was amazing and I was highly entertained by one actress whose French accent kept turning Jamaican.

Saturday - Les Miserables - Moonlight Productions, Vista, CA

Again I was overwhelmed by the talent of my friends. It was a fantastic production but let's take stock in the fact that this is such an amazing story, it holds it's own regardless of who's performing. It reminded me of how powerful mercy can be and how a single merciful act can change someone's life forever.

Sunday - The Films of Warner Brothers - Hollywood Bowl

I thought I watched a lot of movies but this made me realize that I've missed some major moments in cinematic history. I have a lot of homework to do. The evening was an advenutre and a half. More to come later.

Not a bad week.

No comments: