Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Perfect Storm

So much is in the air - so much change, so much responsibility, so much uncertainty, so much promise - that you almost have to be in awe of the beauty behind the chaos. I feel like I'm juggling more balls than I can handle but I haven't actually dropped one yet so I'm fooled into thinking I might actually be successful. Or at least foolish enough to not give up.

But I fear that I'm on the brink of failure. And for the first time in a long time, I'm really scared. My life right now is like a perfect storm of potential and overwhelming responsibility. At the moment, I feel like I'm on the verge of silently drowning and the people on the sidelines have mistaken my flailing arms as waves instead of a cry for help. I have every hope that I will see the other side of this and be the stronger and wiser for it. But I'm praying for a lifeline in the time being.

2 comments:

Jeanne Oliver said...

If everyone thinks you are waving...it may be time to ask for help. I am not the best at asking...but when I feel like you are right now I have never felt more loved to be honest with those around me. They were so blessed to help me. Just ask.

the wild raspberry said...

this was tremendously honest and open...hope that you are feeling like you are rising above it now.
spring is a great time for change and hope.
chasity